My dog was playing with a green frog now he’s having trouble breathing and he is vomiting. What should I do?

I would absolutely advise you take him to your local bricks and mortar vet clinic as soon as possible. Do you have access to one?

I’m not aware of any species of toxic green frogs (certainly cane toads are toxic to dogs…), but your dogs reaction is really concerning and there may be species of frogs or other depending on your area that I’m unaware of.

I’m very worried he is suffering an allergic reaction, or possibly ingestion of an unknown toxin, that requires immediate help.

If you’d like to chat in person, you can book a live video call or start a chat to discuss in more detail, as soon as possible.

We’re here to help!

Chat soon,

Dr Claire

in Dogs