Ask Dr Claire

Is Quick eze harmful to cats? I think my cat may have eaten a small amount.

Quick eze is mainly composed of calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate.

It isn’t well absorbed by the intestinal tract of cats (and dogs), and whilst it may slightly increase the blood level of calcium, a single overdose isn’t likely to have any long term repercussions.

If a significant amount is ingested you could see some vomiting and diarrhoea but it usually only lasts a sort time. Pets are treated symptomatically, and in the case of a large ingestion or any signs such as vomiting and diarrhoea, they should always be seen by the local vet as soon as possible.

For when a lick or a very small amount eaten, there probably won’t be any problems seen at all.

If you’d like to chat in person, you can book a live video call or start a chat to discuss in more detail, as soon as possible.

We’re here to help!

Chat soon,

Dr Claire

in CatsToxins

Related Articles

vets online now