Tips to help keep your kitty cool:
- Ensure they have a cool, shady area outside and when it’s hot it’s ideal to bring them indoors with air conditioning and /or fans
- Multiple large bowls of fresh, cool water- you can add some ice cubes in the morning
- No play time in the hottest part of the day
- Avoid rides in the car but if you can’t make sure the air conditioner is on and its cool prior to getting in. Never leave them unattended. A wet towel over their cage helps.
- For a cool cat treat place a little dry food in an ice cube tray fill with water, then freeze. Voila!
Share and take care of your pets on hot days. Heat stroke is easily prevented.