Tips to help your pup beat the heat:
- Ensure they have a cool, shady area outside and when it’s hot it’s ideal to bring them indoors with air-conditioners and/or fans
- Multiple large containers of fresh, cool water- you can add some ice cubes in the morning
- Walks in the very early morning or evening/night only
- Avoid rides in the car but if you must make sure the air conditioner is on and its cool prior to getting in + never leave them unattended.
- A small amount of water in a plastic shell for your dog to sit in, you can also use a hose to gently wet their coat
- For a cool doggy treat get an old ice-cream container and fill it with a little dry dog food, a little vegemite and the rest water- put it in the freezer and it’s ready to go the next morning. Keeps them cool and helps with boredom- two birds one stone!
Share and take care of your pets on hot days. Heat stroke is easily prevented.